Medicinal Herb CSA
We grow and forage dozens of herbs for health by beyond-organic methods. Our herb products include tisanes / "teas", salves, tinctures & vinegars. We also grow a variety of nutrient-dense mushrooms for cooking and medicine.
For an up-to-date list of specific herb offerings, please watch your email or check back in our products section.
How It Works
We offer a $100-600 debit share on a sliding scale.
• To become a member, stop by a market, or our farm, or mail us your completed sign-up form with payment between $100 and $600.
• Receive a White Pine CSA debit card credited for the amount you paid.
• To obtain herbs and herb products with your credit, bring your card to our market stand each week, or place your order by mail.
• Receive 10% off all purchases plus exclusive, members'-only access to rare herbs!
• You'll have through March 31, 2019, to spend the money on your card.
• Recharge your card whenever it's empty with another $100-600.
Benefits of Membership
By joining our CSA you’ll receive:
• 10% discount off regular price
• Exclusive access to certain herbs
Your participation in our CSA helps support our small, worker-owned cooperative and furthers our mission to expand access to medicine regardless of one’s ability to pay.
Pickup & Delivery Options
- Union Square Greenmarket, NYC: Wednesdays 8 am - 6 pm
- Dag Hammarskjöld Greenmarket, NYC: Wednesdays 8 am - 4 pm
- On Farm: Wednesday-Friday, times TBD. Please call to arrange.
- By Mail: minimum $5 extra charge per shipment.
NOTE: For fresh herbs, please come to a market or the farm. We cannot mail fresh herbs.
Please watch your email for announcements about market cancellations due to weather or short-staffing and other seasonal changes.
Our share value of $600 assumes average spending of $24 a week for 25 weeks. Minimum membership level of $100 equals just $4 a week.
Each week you may spend some, all or none of your credit until it is exhausted or March 31, 2019, whichever occurs first.
We accept EBT/SNAP, FMNP/WIC and HealthBucks except as prohibited by law.
We are soliciting contributions from shareholders at sign-up and launching an Indiegogo campaign to raise funds to subsidize those who cannot pay at least $100.
Please consider whether you have additional funds to share in solidarity with your lower-income neighbors for them to join our CSA as well.
When signing up for your share, you can match your payment with a contribution to those shareholders paying less than the minimum $100. Your donation in excess of your share price is tax-deductible through our nonprofit, A Farm For All!